Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Prayer for Expectant Mothers

Today's post is dedicated to all expectant mothers!

When April and I married in January of 2006 we immediately began to try and start a family because that was one thing that was very important to us. For some reason, God had other plans and it was not his will for us to get pregnant right away. During our challenges, however, we leaned on our faith and relationship with God as well as our relationship with each other.

In the months leading up to April getting pregnant we would consistently say a prayer for expectant mothers in anticipation of a successful pregnancy and would also pray to Saint Gerard who is the Patron Saint of Expectant Mothers. Once we were pregnant, I found a specific prayer for expectant mothers that we really came to like and which I have provided below. Of course, we did alter it to reflect the fact that we were having twins.

"O Lord Jesus Christ, through the intercession of Your tender Mother, Our Lady of La Leche, who bore You close to her heart during those long months before Your birth, I place my baby and myself entirely in Your Hands. Free me, I beseech You, from useless and consuming worry. Accept the sacrifice of my aches and pains, which I unite to Your sufferings on the Cross. Above all, most merciful and loving Jesus, protect this child You have given to me from all harm, bestowing the health and vigor every baby needs. Implant in my heart and on my lips the words and prayers of Your Mother and mine, our Lovely Lady of La Leche. All this I ask that my child and I may live to praise forever Your Holy Name. Amen."

Every time that this prayer was said, and it was said alot, especially during April's hospital stay I felt that God was protecting April and our children. This is not to say that we never got discouraged or frustrated but we always knew that whatever was happening was bigger than just the two of us and was out of our hands.

Not everyone has a strong faith or a religious background and that is their choice but there is no way that April and I could have made it through our challenges without putting our complete trust and faith in GOD.

Please keep the following expectant mothers and their unborn children in your thoughts and prayers!

Wendy
Meghan
Denise
Allisun
Shannon
Jen
Kym
Janne
Sarah
Allison
Holly
Shieloh

If you know of anyone else that is expecting, feel free to leave their name in the comment section of this post and I will add them to this list.

No comments: