Thursday, June 4, 2009

Almost 7 months old and some updates...

Hello All,

On Saturday Savannah will be 7 months old and I often find myself saying "how can this be, where has the time gone?"


This past Wednesday Savannah had her 6 month check-up with her pediatrician, Dr. Yee, and Savannah weighed in at 15 lbs 4 oz and 25 inches long which is a solid increase from her last appointment on May 6. Dr. Yee advised us we no longer need to continue our frequent visits so our next visit will be her 9 month check-up in August.


So much has happened since the last post but I will do my best to catch everyone up. I celebrated my first official Mother's day on May 10th and it was a very special day for me as I truly enjoyed the blessing that Savannah is.


Savannah and I are getting out of the house on a much regular basis as we now attend weekly play dates with some other moms and and a few trips through out the week around town. It is nice to be able to get out of the house and not worry as much about germs and Savannah getting sick.


Next Sunday is a very special day for our family as Savannah will finally be getting baptized into the Catholic Church. We have family coming into town for the event and are expecting a large turnout of local family and friends as well. Our great friends, Bronson and Carrie Kibler, will be coming into town from Atlanta as they will be the Godparents to Savannah. Sunday will be a very memorable day for all of us.


Finally, we recently painted Savannah's room with the help of my mom, Chris. There is no way that the room could have been completed without her effort. The room was painted light shades of pink and green and turned out much better than we even expected. Savannah is going to love the room for years to come.

No comments: